Pork and Dried Mussels in Sweet Sauce
This is a very simple recipe that I like to cook (often) ever since I was away from home 8 years ago. You can simply substitute the pork and dried mussels with other meat (chicken or prawn). For this recipe, I diced the pork in cube sizes and presoak the dried mussels (don't ask me where to buy that - my mom bought it for me).
1. Stir fry some garlic until it smells nice.
2. Put in the pork and mussels, stir until it is half cooked.
3. Pour some dark and sweet soy sauce (kecap Bango is recommended) and bit of water.
4. Cover the pan and let it simmer.
5. Check every few minutes. It's done when the meat has been fully cooked and the sauce has thicken.
If you like garlic, you can smashed some garlic bulbs and put it in together with water and simmer. Another nice combination is chicken and potatoes .. *yummmm*
For potatoes, be sure to cut it into smaller pieces as it will take longer to soften.
Serve with rice, steamed veggies and some sambal (sambal terasi)